Good things come in (not so) small packages
Brigels enjoys more sunshine than almost anywhere else in Switzerland, making it ideal for a huge variety of active leisure activities in the glorious Alpine scenery. It’s the perfect place for hiking and biking, or simple relaxation. The golf course located on Brigels’ panoramic plateau is legendary, and the countless secluded barbecue sites are tourist magnets in summer. Less well known is Europe’s highest spruce forest. It’s called Uaul Scatlè and it is... well, that’s our secret – until you get here! Come and discover our lovely area.
The village of Brigels
Sun-baked farmhouses and ancient churches, twisting alleyways, a village square and even a castle: Brigels isn’t a tourist hotspot with nothing but souvenir shops, but a lively village that has kept its rustic charm right to the present day. Here, nothing is artificial, and everything is natural. In other words, it’s a perfect spot to relax for a few days and get away from it all.
From a relaxed stroll before dinner to a multi-day hike across the mountain passes, Brigels has the perfect path for any walker, with more than 150 kilometres of hiking routes. They run from the hotel down to the banks of the Rhine and right up into the mountains, at a lofty 2729 metres above sea level. And, just between us, a wander through Uaul Scatlè, Europe’s highest spruce forest, is particularly worth it. But do not tell anyone else!
If you prefer to take it easy, hire an e-bike from one of our partners and pedal away until the last battery light starts blinking. Of course, that is not enough for ambitious types. They can still get their fill, though, thanks to a bike network stretching 1299 kilometres from the source of the Rhine to its gorge, with trails for every level of difficulty. Still not enough? Then you are a perfect candidate for the ‘Tura Roiala’ or ‘Royal Tour’, which climbs no less than 2700 metres over 71 km. This ‘tortura’ even poses a challenge for the most hardened riders. Craving a particular bike? No problem! La Val guests can rent bikes and e-bikes from our local partners.
Brigels. We have got one of the most beautiful golf courses in the whole of Switzerland. The sun-soaked Tschuppina plateau is home to a wonderful 9-hole course. And how can you get there? It’s just a few minutes’ from our hotel! The backdrop makes the experience even more stunning, but we all know variety is the spice of life and we can also recommend two other golf courses nearby: another 9-hole course in Sedrun (28 km), and the 18-hole course at Buna Vista Golf in Sagogn (21.5 km), which is a little closer.
BBQ with a hotel rucksack
We’ll let you focus on planning your hike – and we’ll take care of the provisions. Relax around a barbecue in the beauty of Brigels’ idyllic mountain spots and tuck in to fresh-cooked delicacies from the hotel to invigorate you for the next stage! We’ll pack up a hiking rucksack with everything you need: sausages, steak and a walking map. Saddle up and set off for your adventures!
If you come to Brigels in the middle of the week, you will have the mountains to yourself! Plus, you can enjoy a relaxing few days at our gem of a hotel, with deluxe board and spa included.
Be beautiful, be relaxed! Arrive, relax, dive in, and breathe. Far away from the stresses of everyday life, indulge in exquisite beauty treatments, relaxing massages and potent facials. We’ll even tickle your taste buds with mouth-watering dishes. What a treat!
Celebrate in style
You barely need an excuse to party: birthdays, anniversaries, weddings or simply because you fancy a knees-up.
We have always known that the best moments in life are even better if you can share them with someone. So, what are you waiting for? La Val provides the perfect setting for romantic moments as part of a passionate stay en deux. During your extended tête-à-tête, you will only have eyes for your love – and for our tantalising culinary treats.
- 37 comfortable rooms and suites
- 680 m2 mountain spa
- Restaurant ‘Ustria Miracla’
- Restaurant ‘Da Rubi’
- Bar ‘Da Rubi’
- Sun terrace
- Sunset lounge
- Lobby lounge with fireplace
- ‘Furnascha’ smokers’ lounge with fireplace and library
- ‘Lavalino’ Alpine hut bookable from 6+ people
- Seminar room (up to 12 people)
- Free WiFi
- Free transfer from Tavanasa railway station to the hotel and back (when the local bus is not running)
- Tesla and electric charging station
- Free outdoor parking
- Underground car park (for a fee)
- Children’s playroom (unsupervised)
- Souvenir shop
- Ski and golf room
- 9-hole golf course nearby (April – November)
- Free ski shuttle (local bus) to the chairlift in Brigels in winter
Winter season 2021/2022: 17.12.2021 - 03.04.2022
Summer season 2022: 06.05.2022 bis 13.11.2022
Winter season 2022/2023: 16.12.2022 bis 10.04.2023
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Spa basket for use during your stay
- Hiking rucksacks for use during your stay
- Luis Trenker toiletries
- Flat-screen TV, telephone, safe
- Umbrella for use during your stay
- Prices are per room (2 people) and per night, including a buffet breakfast and entry to the mountain spa, excluding visitor’s tax of CHF 3.00 per person, per night.
- Outdoor parking: free
- WiFi: free
- Additional bed or cot for children aged 0-5: free
- Additional bed or sofa bed for children aged 6-13: CHF 50/night
- Additional bed or sofa bed for teens aged 14 and up, and adults: CHF 100/night
- Underground car park: CHF 25/day
- Dog: CHF 35/day without food; dogs are only permitted in particular room categories
- Check in from 3 p.m. onwards, check out by 11 a.m.
- Late check-out by 5 p.m. available on request: CHF 80.00