Just like visiting friends
We are delighted that you are interested in our hotel. There is quite a bit to say because, after all, La Val is a rather special hotel. It is a little bit smaller, a little bit more sophisticated and a little bit more attentive. And above all, it is a little bit more personal. La Val is not a place for the masses. It is nestled in a small, little-known mountain village far away from the bustling crowds. Is this our vanity talking? It absolutely is! We take great pleasure in running a top-class hotel in the midst of the mountains, where we are surrounded by the untouched wilderness of nature. We also love surprising and delighting our guests – and for their part, our guests seem to love our pairing of unspoilt nature and exquisite culture, whether in our restaurants or our spa. And they come back time and again.
Having spent many years as Food & Beverage Manager at the Seedamm Plaza Hotel in Pfäffikon, Reto Engler understands top-class Swiss hotel management and cuisine. He loves scaling mountains and walking through the terraced vineyards on the slopes. A man with a close link to nature, he has a sense for beauty: the perfect combination for La Val. Reto promises you whole-hearted hospitality.
Jörg Wagner knows the top hotel business from the ground up. Through his work at Hotel**** Estrel Berlin, he got to know the needs and concerns of guests as well as employees. This is precisely what makes him a first-class vice director. Since 2012, Jörg Wagner has found his new home in Switzerland and has been working at Hotel La Val since 2018, most recently as head of reception. Thus, he is a familiar face in the house and knows our regular guests and their needs very well.
In his free time, he enjoys riding his motorbike over the Grisons mountain passes with his partner of many years and enjoying the unique Swiss mountains while hiking or on challenging via ferrata routes.
Good souls and hard workers, both in the limelight and behind the scenes! Whether they are in the kitchen or up on one of the guest floors, working in service or spa, opening up the parasols in summer or clearing the snow in winter: at La Val, our cheerful, motivated team ensures you feel completely at home. Why? Because service is what sets us apart.
What our guests say
«We were completely satisfied with our stay: a stunningly beautiful room, wonderfully peaceful, beautifully designed spa facilities and an excellent four-course dinner. And while we were enjoying all that, we could charge our Tesla for free in the underground car park. What more could you want?»
- 37 comfortable rooms and suites
- 680 m2 mountain spa
- Restaurant ‘Ustria Miracla’
- Restaurant ‘Da Rubi’
- Bar ‘Da Rubi’
- Sun terrace
- Sunset lounge
- Lobby lounge with fireplace
- ‘Furnascha’ smokers’ lounge with fireplace and library
- ‘Lavalino’ Alpine hut bookable from 6+ people
- Seminar room (up to 12 people)
- Free WiFi
- Free transfer from Tavanasa railway station to the hotel and back (when the local bus is not running)
- Tesla and electric charging station
- Free outdoor parking
- Underground car park (for a fee)
- Children’s playroom (unsupervised)
- Souvenir shop
- Ski and golf room
- 9-hole golf course nearby (April – November)
- Free ski shuttle (local bus) to the chairlift in Brigels in winter
Winter season 2021/2022: 17.12.2021 - 03.04.2022
Summer season 2022: 06.05.2022 bis 13.11.2022
Winter season 2022/2023: 16.12.2022 bis 10.04.2023
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Spa basket for use during your stay
- Hiking rucksacks for use during your stay
- Luis Trenker toiletries
- Flat-screen TV, telephone, safe
- Umbrella for use during your stay
- Prices are per room (2 people) and per night, including a buffet breakfast and entry to the mountain spa, excluding visitor’s tax of CHF 3.00 per person, per night.
- Outdoor parking: free
- WiFi: free
- Additional bed or cot for children aged 0-5: free
- Additional bed or sofa bed for children aged 6-13: CHF 50/night
- Additional bed or sofa bed for teens aged 14 and up, and adults: CHF 100/night
- Underground car park: CHF 25/day
- Dog: CHF 35/day without food; dogs are only permitted in particular room categories
- Check in from 3 p.m. onwards, check out by 11 a.m.
- Late check-out by 5 p.m. available on request: CHF 80.00